GLOBAL INTERN 2014. Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition EF Global Intern 2014 is EF Education First Ltd, a Swiss company located at: Haldenstrasse 4, 6006 Lucerne, Switzerland (the “Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry (the “Conditions of Entry”). Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of the Conditions of Entry.
3. Content. EF Education First Ltd offers Registrants the opportunity to post Content (as hereinafter defined) to the Website in connection with certain interactive features on the Website (" Registrant Content "). You acknowledge and agree that
(i) EF Education First Ltd has no obligation to use or respond to Registrant Content posted to www.ef.com/globalintern and/or any other related campaign websites;
(ii) The provision of Registrant Content by Registrants in no way imposes any other obligation on EF Education First Ltd, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, and EF Education First Ltd shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Registrant Content contained therein;
(iii) Registrants hereby waive any and all claims (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, false light, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, alteration, distortion or illusionary effect, or use in any composite form of your image/likeness, arising out of the posting of your video or other image to the Website,
(iv) Registrants shall pay for all royalties and fees owing any person by reason of any Registrant Content posted on www.ef.com/globalintern and/or any other related campaign websites,
(v) Any Registrant Content posted to the Website will not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, photographs, pictures, phrases or Trademarks or other third party materials,
(vi) Registrants will not post any Registrant Content on www.ef.com/globalintern and/or any other related campaign websites that is previously published or that is unoriginal to the publishing Registrant, and
(vii) Registrant Content submitted to the Website may be subject to size and usage limitations, and Registrants are responsible for adhering to such limitations. "Content” means text, comments, icons, messages, photographs, videos, sound clips, images and other content appearing on the Website, as well as voice messages, music and other audio content recorded by telephone.
3.1 Restrictions. Registrants agree not to post or otherwise submit to www.ef.com/globalintern and/or any other related campaign websites any Registrant Content that:
(a) is fraudulent;
(b) is designed to interrupt, or destroys or limits the functionality of, any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(c) interferes with or disrupts the Website, services connected to the Website, or otherwise interferes with operations or services of this Website in any way;
(d) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party; including the promoting of an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work;
(e) is patently offensive to the Website community or to us, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(f) harasses or harms, or advocates the harassment or harming of another person;
(g) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming", or solicits personally identifiable information (" PII ") from other Registrants or Visitors;
(h) promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
(i) contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(j) displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
(k) causes us to lose (in whole or part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
(l) links to materials or other content, directly or indirectly, to which the Registrant posting such material does not have a right to link or which competes in any manner with the Website or EF Education First Ltd;
(m) encourages others to violate this Agreement; or
(n) violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
3.2 Quality and Review of Content. You acknowledge and agree that EF Education First Ltd does not and shall not have any obligation to review Registrant Content, and therefore we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Registrant Content and we cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable Registrant Content will not appear on the www.ef.com/globalintern or any other related campaign websites. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right to monitor all Registrant Content in our sole discretion. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to alter, edit or remove any Registrant Content, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason, and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and to protect ourselves, Registrants, Visitors or service providers. You agree that you shall immediately notify EF Education First Ltd in writing of any objectionable content appearing on the Website.
3.3 Use. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works of, transmit, sell, or in any way exploit any portion of the Website, except that you may download Content from the Website as machine readable copies and/or print copies of any web page, provided that such copies will be used for your own personal (non-commercial) use and not for the purposes of competing in any manner with EF Education First Ltd.
Terms of Participation
4. Entry is free and open to residents of Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Libya, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, UAE, UK, US aged 18 years or over who complete, in full, the competition and entry form available on the campaign website www.ef.com/globalintern. For a competition to be completed participants will need to fill the form with their contact details, submit their CV, and submit a video or essay in English. The video must not exceed a maximum length of three (3) minutes in order to be considered for any of the prizes and essays must not exceed the limit of 3.200 characters with spaces. Once all these steps are completed and submitted, an entry will be considered valid. By completing the “Personal Statement” the participant increases chances of winning the prize.
5. All full applications will be automatically entered for a chance to win the grand prize of a three (3) month global internship with EF Education First Ltd and AIESEC. One month will take place in Zurich, Switzerland; one month – in any of the EF offices or International Language schools around the world of his/her choice; and one month– in an AIESEC volunteering project. The period with AIESEC can vary from 4 to 6 weeks.
6. The local offices of EF Education First will select the Country Finalists, for 1-month internships with EF or 1-month volunteering project with AIESEC. The Country Finalists will be elected based on the complete participant application creativity and originality of the video or essay created. The winner of each Country Final will be shortlisted for the main prize. In addition, the 3 most voted applications will also be added in the shortlist with the Country Finalists.
7. The Global Intern winner will be chosen by a panel of judges chosen by EF Education First Ltd. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision process. The judges will base their decision on the complete participant application and creativity and originality of the video or essay created as well as the phone interviews that will take place the week 28th April till 7th May 2014.
8. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and AEISEC, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
9. Entry of participants younger than 18 will not be eligible for the main prize, however, they may be eligible for the prize of the Local winner, in accordance with working regulations of the host country/territory.
10. The competition starts January 20th 2014 and closes on April 11th 2014. The Promoter reserves the right to extend or reduce the duration for a valid reason, provided that the change will be published in this page http://www.ef.com/globalintern. The Promoter also reserves the right to modify the terms of the competition (including but not limited to the Conditions of Entry) as well as cancel the competition due to a diligent cause and inform the public on the aforementioned page.
11. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants can enter the competition once during the promotional period.
12. The expenses for the Global Intern 2014 that will be covered by the Promoter include: Economy class round-trip flight ticket, including taxes, to each internship destination, accommodation, health insurance, Erika insurance. The winner will also receive a stipend of $3000.
13. The following terms apply for the Global Intern winner:
(i) The organization of the trips to the EF and AIESEC locations will be arranged by EF Education First Ltd. The winner of the prize cannot make the trip in conjunction with any other supplier or travel agency.
(ii) The airline/train Company, airline/train tickets and hotel will be informed by EF Education First Ltd and depends on availability.
(iii) The airline/train company, airline/train tickets and hotel are selected by EF Education First Ltd and the winner is obliged to accept them. If the winners want to choose another airline/train company, airline/train tickets or hotel, any additional costs will be charged to the winners. All necessary travel documents belonging to the obligations of travelers must be in place. The Promoter has no further obligation and does not assume any responsibility in the event that either the winners or any other participant in the journey cannot make the trip because of missing or invalid travel documents.
(iv) The third part of the Internship with AIESEC will take place in a destination to be chosen by the Global Intern winner among: Asia Pacific (MoC, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, The Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Sri Lanka), MENA – Middle East and North Africa (Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Bahrain, Lebanon), CEE – Central and Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, Kazakhstan), WENA – Western Europe and North America (Italy, Greece, Germany), IGN – Iberoamerica (Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Nicaragua) and Africa (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia)
(v) The prizes are not transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to use them in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize. Prizes are non-negotiable and subject to availability, with no cash or credit alternatives offered.
14. The Winner will be notified by e-mail during the week of 5th May 2014. His/her name, last name, country and winning entry will be published on www.ef.com/globalintern and via EF and AIESEC social networks. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names of the winners and country finalists (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in further promotional communication from EF and AIESEC.
15. The Promoter will award the specific prize to the second entry, if the prize remains unclaimed within a seventy two (72) hour period after the prize notification email is sent.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury (including death) suffered or sustained in connection entrants’ participation in the promotion and/or related to the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
18. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
19. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
21. By entering into this competition, the winner and finalists agree that their details may be used in post-event publicity including blogging on EF preferred social media before, during and / or after the trip prize.
22. The Promoter will not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control. All other terms & conditions of travel are as per the standard EF terms and Conditions.
23. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
24. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the contest and website, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at The Global Intern 2014, EF Education First ltd., Haldenstrasse 4, 6006 Lucerne, Switzerland
//End of Terms & Conditions//